Episode 135 – The Gateway Show
Another longish episode where we cover the beers that converted us to craft drinkers, along with:
- Are you a brewer that likes to send beer to festivals in South Carolina? Hope you’re not expecting to give your beer away for free anymore…
- Flagship beers are like your favorite Game of Thrones character. Will they stick around? Or are they going to get killed off?
- Brexit impacts beer companies in America. Well, maybe the ones that are based in EU? Wait, wait, wait. Brexit impacted everyone. This article sucks and I’m not going to link it.
- Will listening to EDM make your opinion change on Rogue Hazelnut Brown?
- Cantillon is fed up of everyone making money off their beer on the secondary market, so they’re going to sell to you direct. I’m sure this will go super smooth and not result in further markup. At. All.
- There are some ill-conceived and inappropriate names for breweries out there. There are some ill-conceived and inappropriate names for beers, as well. Then there are some stupid brewery owners out there. This guy takes the cake.
- Wynkoop stops distribution. Sign of things to come for breweries that were puchased by breweries (Breckenridge) that were then purchased by AB InBev?
We also give backstories into how we got into craft beer via the gateway beers you see above you. If you liked this topic, and have an idea for something you’d like to hear us talk about, head over to reddit.com/r/craftbeercast and tell us what you’d like to hear us discuss!